Friday, October 29, 2004

Lamentation

When I awoke yesterday morning, the first thing I did was log on to the blogger to delete my previous post, “A Voice in the Wilderness.” I had second thoughts about it, and felt it was too self-pitying in tone. I came close – and changed my mind. I second-guess myself too much as it is. So please excuse my lamentation if it does sound as if I’m having a pity party – an expression I heard from one of my favorite people, Father Benedict Groeschel of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. As he would say, if I was going to have a pity party, then I should have made tea.

Imagine my astonishment when, after deciding to leave the post as is, I discovered someone had kindly commented to it. Thank you, Coach, for being someone who cares – never “just” someone who cares. There are too few people in the world willing to show compassion and sympathy.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home